Wednesday, May 8, 2013

This is my first post.  I took the photo and finished the, "header" (title etc.) yesterday.  I'm finishing off the end of a DVD by recording part of a, "real football," match (game) onto it.

Now that I have this set up, I can begin putting posts on here.  I want this to be a journal of my writing efforts.

I would appreciate receiving any feedback that you have.  I would like to know if everything works well on your end.  I am always eager to improve things if I need to.

I have been taking even more notes lately.  I am trying to get the computer room back in some sort of order so I can actually work in there.  (I show a typewriter in the photo at the top of the page, but I do use a computer for the writing.)

I have three books, of questions for writers.  They are for pulling a story from someone who has difficulty coming up with something.  But they have really helped me think outside the parameters, (box) that I have been thinking in.  I basically have the story already.  I just need to fill in some gaps.  I take these questions and adapt them to my needs.

The three books are:
1. "How to Find Your Story," by Jeff Gerke;
2. "Ready, Set, Novel!" by Chris Baty, Lindsey Grant, and Tavia Stewart-Streit (a                "NaNoWriMo" book); and,
3. "The Novelist's Notebook," by Laurie Henry.

There is an interesting article about books in the latest, "Real Simple" magazine. There are some photos of neat sculptures made from the pages of books. I don't know that I would agree with everything the author of the book article says. I have been reading lots of books and articles about books.  I am needing information and inspiration for the story I am working on.

If you read this, and you are able to figure out what (it is) and why (I stuck) the bottle by the typewriter, you get a genuine imitation Dr. Pepper Medal.

Ok, this should do it for now.  Check back here for more posts.  Oh, by the way, there is a place on here to sign up to get an E-mail when I add a new post on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment