Monday, March 31, 2014


I wrote this on Tuesday, March 18, 2014.

I read this in front of our, Home Church, as a teaching, (with modifications) March 30, 2014. 

I started off by reading, Psalm 119:2 
"Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart."

I've had a slight stomach issue today.  Must have eaten something that sat out too long.  But rather than dwell on, "what's ailing me," I am bringing back to my remembrance some things we have been studying lately.

It will be getting spring here soon.  The snow is finally melting.  We have seen snow on the ground most of this winter.  I am making plans to ride my bicycle, to take photos of the neighborhood; to get some exercise; and to enjoy God's creation as I do some writing and studying in a local park.

Today, I have been listening to FBN Radio (fbnradio.com).  They are having their Spring share-a-thon.  They just played a song, "Let's talk about Jesus".  http://youtu.be/a1kUqjsXLWw It might not be 100% accurate, but the sentiments are, "Let's talk about Jesus more and more."  As I was writing this, FBN would play songs that were apropos to the subject I was typing at the moment.

My Brother in Christ, Tony sent out his daily email verse today, with 2 Corinthians 5:18 KJV
"And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;"
It reminded me of something I want to do while I am out on my bicycle.  I want to believe for God to put people in my path that I can speak his word to.

On a side note, FBN just told of a man who was out of money.  He prayed to God, "I am willing to be a failure if it brings glory to you."  At that point all kinds of money rolled in.

I switched from the radio to listening to the Legal Alert. http://www.christianlaw.org/cla/  I was listening to a segment about the times of the year that school children are apt to be, "persecuted," for sharing their faith in school. (Christmas and Easter).  I was thinking about what I would say if someone told me to stop speaking God's word.  What came to my mind is, a record in Acts chapter 4 (KJV).  You can read this in context sometime, Peter and John were before the Sadducees.  They were commanded in verse, 18, "not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus".  Acts 4:19 and 20, "19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, (the Sadducees) Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. 20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard."  

"Oh say but I'm glad!"  http://youtu.be/6bFFg36Acgg

"While the ages roll, I'll keep on praising him"...  http://youtu.be/s-18iHIR-pY

I am endeavoring more and more to speak the things of God which I have seen and heard, rather than the negatives (news) and, "chaff," (trivia) which I read in books and see on the Internet. (Chaff is the waste part of wheat that gets blown away when the grain is harvested.)

My dear friend Tony reminded me of the word, "chaff," this past Sunday.  We have been doing an in depth study of Psalm 119 with Reverend Wayne Clapp live via the Internet.  (You can find a video recording here, http://m.youtube.com/user/emrldcstcff).  

Psalm 119: 33 (KJV) "Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end."  God can and will teach us his word.   We just have to ask God to explain things we do not understand.  The word, "keep," reminded me of a castle's keep.  You can read about the keep here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep. Briefly, the castle's keep is a fortified tower that was the last place where the most important people living in the castle (king) would take refuge during a siege.  When the castle was over run with the army of an enemy, the king had an apartment in the keep. As we read this verse on Sunday, I just had a mind picture of me putting God's word in the keep of my inner castle.  

I have been watching lots of football (soccer) matches (games) this year.  We are at that point in the season when the commentators talk about the match, they speak as if they just witnessed the most important, match, goal, or event, for this season of that club (team) or maybe for the whole league (English Premier League). Because I have followed this league before, I know these minute details will be mostly forgotten come the start of the new season.  Sure, statistics will be kept.  We will be reminded of the number of career goals, or the club history of a player.  Yet only the most die hard fans will remember a spectacular tackle that was made early in the 2013-2014 season.   

As I watched a recorded football match Sunday afternoon, I was reminded of the, "chaff" that Tony brought to my remembrance.   All these worldly things, even football, are so frivolous compared to eternity. All these statistics and such like, will be forgotten some day. Studying, Psalm 119, we have been reminded of the depth of God's word.  

"Wonderful words of life" http://youtu.be/PVh--AlfkH4

As we studied Psalm 119, on Sunday, Tony mentioned how much information is located in such a small space.  That reminded me of something in radio communications.  There is a way to send computer text over radio with amateur (ham) radio.  There was also something Douglas told me about.  There was something in the 1980's where a submarine would surface for a few seconds and they sent out a radio message with potentially lots of information it.  They would close out (finish) in a short amount of time.  Psalms 119 reminds me of that type of radio transmission.

Ok, I've probably written enough.  This was a lot of fun and it helped my tummy heal! 

God bless,

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment