Sunday, January 25, 2015


January 23, 2015

I am thinking about writing a radio drama for the, "BBC World Service -- BBC World Drama -- International Radio Playwriting Competition".  According to their website, "The competition will open again in October 2015." It is usually a few months after the opening that the competition closes.  This means that I have enough time to write something.  And Ishould also have enough time for revisions.  This text has come from the  journal of my radio writing efforts.  The reason I am sticking the, "Radio Writing Journal," with the Lums Chapel stories, is because I am thinking of writing something with my Lums Chapel characters for the competition.

I am working on a novel already. I will continue to take notes and keep that story, "in mind".  I need to keep up with some house work.  I also need to do a few things in the computer room in order to make the room an even better working environment.  I have a goal of making room in the living room for an indoor bike.  Another goal is to actually ride the bike.  Then I hope to get out more this summer to ride my outdoor bike.  One of the writing books I have talks about how to stay healthy so you can be freed up to write.  I also need to get around people more during the day.  Yet another goal is to ride the outdoor bicycle, to do the writing at the library this summer.  I had planned on doing that last summer but never managed to get there.

I want to keep praying about this.  I need to know if I should embark on such an ambitious project.  And I need to know what to write.  I have some ideas, but I want to do what God wants.  I don't want to do what I want and then try to fit God into the story some how like an after thought. 

You can check back to that page whenever you want to read about my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment