Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday, "Goings On"

Am writing this during a thunder storm.  Have iPad unplugged.  I was believing for rain, but didn't expect it to storm.  It has been so hot here lately.  It has been an official heat wave.  Was hoping for rain to cool things off a little bit.

We don't have air-conditioning in this house.  (cold air to cool the house)  There's probably money for it somewhere.  But we figure since we generally get these heat waves in parts of July and August and they usually last two weeks or so at a time; it is not worth spending the money on it.  When we go through the heat wave though, it seems like air-conditioning would feel nice.  It might make it hard to breath though. =

I'm eating the remains of dinner. (chili cheese fries from Ram's Horn)  Maybe not the most healthy but it sure tastes good.  I am even having a home made, "'slushy" drink.  (Small [10 Fl. Oz. / 296 ml] Welch's grape juice bottle from freezer.)

Watching part of a François  Truffaut film, via TCM.  I'm not really watching it.  It is just on as background.  I was watching the British Foreign Secretary (William Hague) answer questions about British foreign policy.  That was a, "real hoot".  Ha!  That was also on as background.  I wanted something on that I wouldn't get too interested in.  Sunday TCM will air a great French film.  Mon Oncle (My Uncle) by Jacques Tati.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Tati  It is a funny story about a boy and his uncle.  
Jacques Tati is one of my favorites!  

It is really storming out.  I hope everyone is ok.  Poor Sterling the cat, doesn't like thunder. 
 I am getting very sleepy.  There is a radio drama off the Internet I want to record tomorrow at 9:30 AM.  It has been so hot, we didn't feel like eating much.  Sterling is so thin.  He will fatten up for winter.

The real reason I am writing...   Something strange happened earller at a few minutes 
before midnight.  
This car pulled up outside the house.  It was pointed towards our house--- as if it would 
back up into the drive way across the street. 
The front headlights were shining into our house.  Whoever was driving was honking the 
horn as if to summon someone. They sat outside our house a minute or two.  It was if they were waiting on someone from this house to come out to their car.
I thought it was rather odd.  Eventually they pulled into the driveway across the street.  
They backed into the garage.  They honked the horn again.  At least it sounded as if the car 
I saw was doing all the honking.  I don't know if the person they summoned ever came.  
The reason I write about this is because it was, "mysterious".  It was mysterious because 
I didn't know what was going on.  Had I known what was, "the deal", then it would not have been mysterious.--- It was probably a very innocent thing.  It is the kind of situation I want to add to my, "Osbert Pickle" story.  A mysterious car outside a house at night.

I must be going.  Enough posting for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment